Home | News
| Strategic Plan
State Arts Plan, 2015-2017
The Ohio Arts Council's State Arts Plan 2015-2017 was created in response to the needs of everyday Ohioans. Informed by focus groups, one-on-one interviews, visits to dozens of organizations and communities, and the agency's largest ever statewide survey response – including citizens from all 88 counties – the State Arts Plan now serves as a solid foundation for the agency's future.
Four actions areas -- INVEST, ENGAGE, INNOVATE and LEAD -- underpin the plan, guiding program prioritization and resource deployment.
Plan highlights include:
- Making bold, smart investments in Ohio arts and culture – including funding in all 88 Ohio counties;
- Revamping arts education programs to be accessible to schools and impactful for students;
- Creating and retaining creative sector jobs;
- Supporting Ohio artists and creative entrepreneurs;
- Modernizing and streamlining the grant-making experience for applicants;
- Engaging with creative sector professionals in new and authentic ways;
- Meeting regularly with Ohio artists, administrators, educators, and other leaders in their communities;
- Sharing and learning from the successes of grant recipients;
- Building new relationships with partners at the state, regional, and national levels; and
- Leading the state's arts and cultural sector with sound policy development, clear vision, and dynamic communication
To request a copy of the plan's Executive Summary, find out how you can get more involved in the arts in your community, or share other feedback, contact Justin Nigro at email@example.com.
Members of OAC board's executive committees will meet September 23 and Ohio Poet Laureate Selection Committee will meet September 16.
more on September Meetings...