Home | News
| Strategic Plan
State Arts Plan, 2015-2017
The Ohio Arts Council's State Arts Plan 2015-2017 was created in response to the needs of everyday Ohioans. Informed by focus groups, one-on-one interviews, visits to dozens of organizations and communities, and the agency's largest ever statewide survey response – including citizens from all 88 counties – the State Arts Plan now serves as a solid foundation for the agency's future.
Four actions areas -- INVEST, ENGAGE, INNOVATE and LEAD -- underpin the plan, guiding program prioritization and resource deployment.
Plan highlights include:
- Making bold, smart investments in Ohio arts and culture – including funding in all 88 Ohio counties;
- Revamping arts education programs to be accessible to schools and impactful for students;
- Creating and retaining creative sector jobs;
- Supporting Ohio artists and creative entrepreneurs;
- Modernizing and streamlining the grant-making experience for applicants;
- Engaging with creative sector professionals in new and authentic ways;
- Meeting regularly with Ohio artists, administrators, educators, and other leaders in their communities;
- Sharing and learning from the successes of grant recipients;
- Building new relationships with partners at the state, regional, and national levels; and
- Leading the state's arts and cultural sector with sound policy development, clear vision, and dynamic communication
To request a copy of the plan's Executive Summary, find out how you can get more involved in the arts in your community, or share other feedback, contact Justin Nigro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the 2015-16 Ohio Poetry Out Loud (POL) year is now open until December 1. Beginning this year, Ohio POL will add three regional semifinal contests in addition to regular school contests and the State Finals.
more on Poetry Out Loud...